[Dovecot] Problem with IMAP (rename and delete non existent folder).

Lenthir len7hir at gmail.com
Fri May 8 16:47:56 EEST 2009

jsiegle at psu.edu pisze:
> I'm running dovecot 1.2.rc3(hg revision 9018:0bb192fe0abd) on AIX 5.3
> with mbox files. Here are my tests:
> 2 create "kj-test-folder"
> 2 OK Create completed.
> 3 rename "kj-test-folder"
> 3 NO Empty mailbox name.
> 4 delete "kj-test-folder"
> 4 OK Delete completed.
> 5 rename "kj-test-folder"
> 5 NO Empty mailbox name.
> 6 rename "kj-test-folder" "other-folder"
> 6 NO [NONEXISTENT] Mailbox doesn't exist: kj-test-folder
>
> So I'm not seeing the error.

Not exacly this way :/
I checked this scenario and It works for me...
Don't create this folder!

Could you test this scenario?

(after login)
1 delete "kj-test-folder"
1 NO [NONEXISTENT] Folder does not exist
2 rename "kj-test-folder"
2 NO Empty mailbox name.
3 rename "kj-test-folder" "other-folder"
(Here communication hangs, when GDB is running I've got SIGABRT.)

And this is the shortest way to SIGABRT:

(after login)
1 delete "some-unexistent-folder"
1 NO [NONEXISTENT] Folder does not exist
2 rename "some-unexistent-folder" "some-other-name"
(Here communication hangs, when GDB is running I've got SIGABRT.)

Could you test this?

Thanks in advance,
Konrad