[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.0.7 domain variable

Giuliano Gavazzi dev+lists at humph.com
Wed May 13 14:17:32 EEST 2009

On W 13 May, 2009, at 04:37 , elliott at n.0o0.bz wrote:

> Okay, I've now also tried changing "auth_username_format = %n-%d"
> and adding a user for each account.  Authentication works fine but I
> still get "maildir: data=/var/mail/vhosts//elliott-n.0o0.bz" in the
> logs!  What's the deal?  When does the %d variable get set and how
> can I use it??
>
> Thanks for any pointers!

this has come up recently. The gist of it is this: the username from
which the % variables are expanded is the same that has been
authenticated by the authentication mechanism. One trick, that I used
with my system users, in order to keep the domain in the location
path, is to use the home directory to build it (by concatenation and a
simple symbolic link).
As you have virtual users, you are even free to set the home to what
you need for the location path.

Giuliano