[Dovecot] dovecot 1.2 plugin virtual and shared namespace with thunderbird / seems solved

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon May 18 02:06:56 EEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 10:00 +0200, Robert Schetterer wrote:
> > Hi Timo,
> > disabling virtual plugin settings makes
> > dovecot 1.2 work as expected again, subfolders of inbox are shown again
> > as well as shared mailbox namespaces
> > virtual plugin seems to me broken in some way

What do you here mean "disabling virtual plugin"? Did you also change
all the namespace configuration? Because the issue seems to be that
there are no hidden=no namespace, not really anything to do with virtual
plugin itself.

> namespace private {
>   separator = /
>   prefix = ""
>   location =
> maildir:/usr/local/virtual/%d/%u/:CONTROL=/usr/local/virtual/%d/%u/:INDEX=/usr/local/virtual/%d/%u/:INBOX=/usr/local/virtual/%d/%u/
>   list = yes
>
> hidden = no <<<<<this is what i have changed now
..
> in a few tests now the setup with virtual plugin
> works now like desired with Thunderbird
> ( havent tested aggressive all features yet i.e with other plugins
> acl,autocreate ...)
>
> i am not clear if the wiki should changed here, or exactly why it is
> working now,

If you have hidden=yes in all private namespaces, then Dovecot's
NAMESPACE reply doesn't show any namespaces. Apparently TB looks at that
and then doesn't show anything.

It was anyway a bug in wiki, I've fixed it now.