[Dovecot] How to run Dovecot as IMAP Proxy?

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri May 22 08:21:26 EEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 21:26 -0700, V S Rao wrote:

> BTW, just to confirm once again, are there any known issues with Dovecot & imapproxyd? Because I find it strange that there should be around 8000 established connections between Squirrelmail and imapproxyd & around 400 connections between imapproxyd and Dovecot while on the mail server I see only a couple of connections (typically around 40). Or is it some configuration in Dovecot which is causing this kind of behavior, as I did not notice this while running uw-imap.

missed your OP post here (anti spam must have ate it, i think because of
very-long-lines) but I read the archives, do you mean up-imapproxy from
http://www.imapproxy.org  ? none, I've been using those them together
for a very long time.

I suspect from reading the archives you don't mean it since it doesnt
use any user databases, perhaps you need to have a look at it. If you
are using it. then you need to first make sure you are using current
version, and not some 10 year old version included in a debian or redhat
install.
suggest using  up-imapproxy-1.2.7rc2.tar.gz  thats been very stable for
some time and I think Dave will be issuing a stable 1.7.2 in the near
future, we use it on production boxes without a single glitch, but if
your pedantic or have company politics that forbid RC/Betas, 1.2.6 will
still do the job fine.