[Dovecot] How to run Dovecot as IMAP Proxy?

V S Rao viriyala at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 17:22:04 EEST 2009

> You will not get any support for 0.99 here, unless Timo can provide it.
> It is *that* old, and your decision to use it - regardless of your
> claimed reason - is baffling.

I admit I am running a pretty old version and frankly speaking I was not hoping for any support. Let RH earn their money we paid as support. As you would have noticed I was looking for help in running Dovecot as a IMAP Proxy without the need to setup SQL etc. I only went into details to give clarity.

I really appreciate all the responses and suggestions.

>> We use recent Dovecot from atrpms.net with RHEL 5.3. Userbase is 25.000.
>> Dovecot runs on three machines - as master (proxy) and with two slaves.

>> The system is stable. We hardly need to touch it.

I would be very much interested in knowing the details of your setup as I am suffering here with only 6000+ users. And that too with a config, which I frankly think is an overkill for our requirement. However maybe I should start a separate thread for that?

Thanks and Regards
V S Rao.