[Dovecot] Deleting mail account?

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
Mon May 25 19:57:15 EEST 2009

On Seg, 25 Mai 2009, David Reid wrote:
> I'd like to be able to do it all via a web interface and dovecot to
> keep the admin to a minimum. I've seen the delete function in IMAP,
> but it fails when I try and remove the INBOX.

So you want to remove a whole account?

You'll need to disable (or even remove, but I wouldn't recommend that)
in you authentication database. How it is done depends on which kind
of authentication you are using.

Then, if you want to delete all the mails for that account, just
remove the folders where they are stored. This is specified by the
mail_location setting in dovecot.conf.

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo at kalinowski.com.br