[Dovecot] pop3 gives a permission denied error on chdir

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Tue May 26 13:06:37 EEST 2009

On Tuesday 26 May 2009 13:33:24 Max Ivanov wrote:
> > If strace says chdir() failed with EACCES, the only way it could be
> > something else is if kernel is buggy or there is some kernel security
> > module preventing the access.
>
> Or dovecot doesn't change uid to user one and still acts as dovecot
> user, but its unlikely to be true
.
solved - I had to reboot the server because postgresl was acting funny in
another application - after the restart, it worked perfectly. Only I lost my
59 days uptime. Sorry to trouble you guys, but this is the first time in my
life that I have solved a problem in a linux box by rebooting.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves