[Dovecot] Clustering dovecot?

dovecot at corwyn.net dovecot at corwyn.net
Wed May 27 18:34:22 EEST 2009

Currently I have a mail server running postfix and dovecot with users
in mysql. I have Outlook (blich) clients checking IMAP mail on the
server. I'd like to build some fault-tolerance into that system in
case I have hardware failure.

I've read through: http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailLocation/SharedDisk
but I feel I need more information. My basic understanding is that
I'll need 2 clustered systems running with shared disk space and
shared IP.  Performance/load-balancing isn't an issue for me, it's
just fault-tolerance that I'm worried about.

I found a nice long doc for Cyrus IMAP
(http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu//ag.html), anything similar for dovecot?

Rick

Rick Steeves
http://www.sinister.net

"The more I learn, it seems, the less I know." Frazz