[Dovecot] Timeout during imapsync

Craig Jackson CJackson at abbott-simses.com
Thu May 28 22:17:30 EEST 2009

Hi,

I'm using Imapsync to sync messages from an Exchange 2003 server to a
Dovecot 1.1.11 server. The problem is that users' mailboxes are huge,
several gigabytes with tens of thousands of messages. First Imapsync
connects to Exchange and then to Dovecot, and then starts to get Inbox
info from Exchange. By the time it gets this info, the connection to
Dovecot has timed out. I realize the RFC calls for a 30 minute time out
which I believe is hard coded into Dovecot. If there is a way around
this by making a configuration change, please tell me.

I have posted the same message on the Imapsync list in an attempt to
find a work around with patched Imapsync.

Thanks in advance.
Craig Jackson