[Dovecot] imaptest build problems

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri May 29 10:01:04 EEST 2009

I should note, I do not build a ton of software by hand, so I
struggle, and try to learn as best as I can.  If I am not clear, let
me know, if I need to read or research more, let me know.

On May 28, 2009, at 11:50 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On May 29, 2009, at 2:39 AM, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> checking whether build environment is sane... configure: error: ls -
>> t appears to fail.  Make sure there is not a broken
>> alias in your environment
>
> Well, that's the first I've heard of this. Have you tried compiling
> any other program that has a configure script built by autoconf?
> Seems like all of them would be broken and maybe a better list would
> be some autoconf-related mailing list.

Primarily, I have used MacPorts often, so that is where 90% of the
built apps are.  In the majority of those cases, it is just calling ./
configure and doing some record keeping.

On this machine, I have built outside of Macports, mrtg, which needed
iirc, some GD stuff. In my efforts to get ASSP working, ~10 perl
modules, not using CPAN, but using ./configure.

* This was a total wild effort here, but I commented out the lines
that did the date check and the ls -t check and got much further, but
ended up bailing out on a could not find DC config file.  This was my
error, I did not download the DC sources to this machine.

After doing the right thing and downloading the DC sources...
dovecot-1.2.rc4 $./configure
checking whether build environment is sane... configure: error: ls -t
appears to fail.  Make sure there is not a broken
alias in your environment
configure: error: newly created file is older than distributed files!
Check your system clock

>> configure: error: newly created file is older than distributed files!
>> Check your system clock
>>
>> Here is the config log
>> http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/340087/Drops/05.28.09/config-4d3972ab-233922.log
>>

>> Some tests:
>> $date
>> Thu May 28 23:37:13 PDT 2009
>
> Do you have any NFS or other remote filesystems enabled?

No, just a lowly MacBook on wifi at the moment.  I have several other
servers in production I am going to give this a quick go on just to be
sure it is not this particular machine.