[Dovecot] antispam plugin and MUA-Junk folders

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Sun May 31 13:38:54 EEST 2009

> Many MUAs tag SPAM themselves and move SPAM to a junk folder (Thunderbird
> uses "Junk").
>
> It is said to not automatically train these mails, but let have an human
> revise them.

I really think you should turn that off. When it eventually does
classify email, you will run into problems because you have two spam
filters fighting over control.

> Currently, I have configured those folders as "trash" folders for
> antispam, which means that those messages are essentially lost, because a
> move into a spam folder will not train them. -> The current antispam
> plugin ignores moves in and out of trash folders completely. I wonder why
> the move trash -> SPAM is ignored?

Mostly because you could hit "undelete" and afaiu it would put them
back? I haven't ever really used trash folders, somebody else requested
support for those.

johannes