[Dovecot] Unable to create imap nested dirs.

Leo pippo1973 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 02:41:21 EET 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to config a dovecot server on a debian-lenny box but I'm
experiencing a problem that serveral users have on the net, but I
haven't found any solution.

I'm trying to create nested dirs with my thunderbird 2.0.0.23 client but
  without any luck :( I can create dir in the root, but not subdirs.

have you any ideas?

here you can you see the small config and attached my full config

dovecot -n
# 1.2.4: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.12.6-arm1 armv5tejl Debian 5.0.3
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
protocols: imaps
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
mail_privileged_group: mail
mbox_write_locks: fcntl dotlock
auth default:
   passdb: