[Dovecot] Seeing "Corrupted transaction log file" error messages.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Nov 5 22:36:20 EET 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 15:22 -0500, Stewart Dean wrote:
> In V1.1.15 that I fell back to.  Again:

> Nov  5 15:01:47 mercury mail:err|error dovecot: IMAP(olson): Corrupted transaction log file /var/dci
> ndx/olson/.imap/INBOX/dovecot.index.log seq 742: file_seq=742, min_file_offset (24) < hdr_size (40)
> (sync_offset=24)

This means that dovecot.index.log was created by Dovecot v1.2, because
header size is 40. Then you went back to v1.1 which has header size 24.
This should have worked, but apparently there's some bug that caused
Dovecot to try to start reading the .log file from offset 24 instead of
40.

Would be nice to find and fix this bug, but seems like a bit too much
trouble and this problem fixes itself automatically anyway.