[Dovecot] deliver_log_format ignored

Anton Dollmaier antondollmaier at aditsystems.de
Thu Nov 5 23:55:29 EET 2009

Hi,

> seems that LDA ignores deliver_log_format (still log with format:
> "msgid=%m: %$")
> Is there some change from this
> http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2009-April/039013.html or
> http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2009-May/039269.html ?

I still have this problem, but also new information:

You also use a global sieve script, as I do on my server (here:
sieve_global_dir / sieve_before).

On the server of a customer, I use the same deb-package as on mine, but
there the deliver_log_format is not ignored.

Just tested the differences:

If I comment out all sieve-parameters in dovecot.conf, the
deliver_log_format is being used:

with sieve-params:

> Nov 05 22:47:38 deliver(antondollmaier at aditsystems.de): Info: sieve: msgid=<20091105214738.0961643C82 at terra.a1a-server.de>: stored mail into mailbox 'INBOX'

without:

> Nov 05 22:48:44 deliver(antondollmaier at aditsystems.de): Info: from:root at terra.a1a-server.de msgid:<20091105214843.C3BDA43C82 at terra.a1a-server.de> action:saved mail to INBOX subject:test

LDA-Config:

> lda:
>   mail_plugins: quota sieve autocreate
>   deliver_log_format: from:%f msgid:%m action:%$ subject:%s

the parameter I commented out were:

> lda:
>   sieve_global_dir: /etc/dovecot/sieve
> plugin:
>   sieve: ~/.dovecot.sieve
>   sieve_global_dir: /etc/dovecot/sieve/
>   sieve_dir: %h/sieve
>   sieve_before: /etc/dovecot/sieve/shared.sieve

Any hints on this, Timo / Stephan?

Best regards,

Anton