[Dovecot] Override Quota with post-login scripting problem

Yorck Koehler yorck.koehler at zag.de
Tue Nov 10 13:10:15 EET 2009

Timo Sirainen schrieb:
> On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 11:18 +0100, Yorck Koehler wrote:
>> But delivery is still a problem, because I'm unable to override the
>> settings there with post-login scripting.
>>
>> Everytime I send messages to such a user, dovecot sends it back with
>> "Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full)"...
>>
>> My Question: Is it possible to override the lda quota like I can do it
>> within imap ?
>
> How do you call deliver? Anyway, create deliver.sh that works something
> like:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> QUOTA_RULE=...
> exec deliver -k

I changed in my Postfix configuration from
/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver to /usr/local/bin/deliver.sh and
created the following file (deliver.sh):
#!/bin/sh

QUOTA_RULE='*:storage=500M'
exec /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -k
-------

I'm still getting Quota exceeded messages, though 500M should be enough
(Test-Mailbox is at 260M).

I'm using Dovecot 1.2.7 since this morning (Nice work, btw.). I read in
the source code (deliver.c) and found out that env_clean (-k) only
changes the TZ/Home, if necessary. If Quota_Rule always comes from the
dovecot.conf, this would explain, why defining "Quota_Rule" before
calling deliver does not work.

Sorry, im unable to understand the whole source code at once.

Any Ideas ?

sincerely yours - Yorck Koehler