[Dovecot] v2.0.tip Panic: file index-storage.c: line 385 (index_storage_mailbox_open): assertion failed: (!box->opened)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Nov 11 19:47:13 EET 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 10:31 +0100, Pascal Volk wrote:
> Hi Timo,
>
> I've tried to convert the Maildir from the first user:
> /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/convert-tool j.doe at example.com \

convert-tool is going away. dsync is the new way to do conversion. For
example:

dsync -e 'dsync -r -O -o mail_location=maildir:~/Maildir'

This does a two-way sync between your primary storage and ~/Maildir. The
-r means that you want to keep ~/Maildir read-only. That's just in case
there are some bugs in dsync, because otherwise it does a two-way sync.

I suppose at some point I should make the command line also easier for
conversion purposes. :)