[Dovecot] dovecot-2.0.alpha2 doesn't compile on Mac OS X

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Thu Nov 12 11:45:14 EET 2009

Le 10 nov. 2009 à 23:44, Timo Sirainen a écrit :

> On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 22:56 +0100, Axel Luttgens wrote:
>>> Although fdatasync() seems to have gone missing from .h files, but still
>>> exists in libc. I guess that's intentional?
>>
>> Hello Timo,
>>
>> Did Mike reply about that one?
>
> No. I'm also not sure what to do about it.

I fear that fdatasync() is currently some kind of a ghost on Mac OS X; I've asked on the darwin-dev list, should someone have definitive information.

> I guess I could just try if
> compiler=gcc and compiling it fails with "$CC -Wall -Werror" and in that
> case fallback to fsync.. Kind of ugly.

On the other hand, autoconf et alii may come with their uglinesses as well. ;-)
Here, AC_SEARCH_LIBS seems to fall in the trap by defining a prototype for an existing yet very ambiguous symbol.
Looks like that AC_TRY_COMPILE could avoid the problem in that precise case.
Now, my knowledge about those matters nearing zero, I'm really *unable* to tell whether the latter would be safer under any circumstances...

HTH,
Axel