[Dovecot] Dovecot and SATA Backend

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 16 18:43:02 EET 2009

Quoting Nicolas GRENECHE <nicolas.greneche at gmail.com>:

> It should be a future option, but index management will be more tricky
> as you stated.

If you want to do any kind of clustering/failover, even in the future,
then I would go with iSCSI/SAN of some sort instead of NFS...  Just my $0.02.

The other way to think about it is that if it is a future plan then it
won't matter much as Timo will probably get NFS support working
so well by then it won't matter any more. :)  But, right now, NFS support
is a bit tricky, though constantly improving, and I'd still recommend
you stay away from it if possible...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.