[Dovecot] automatically compiling sieve scripts

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Nov 17 15:48:31 EET 2009

Edgar Fuß wrote:
> Without having looked into the code: Does Pigeonhole automatically compile a sieve script if the compiled form is not /strictly/ newer than the text form?
Yes, the Sieve LDA plugin recompiles the script if the binary is older
than the original script file. This is only true when it can write the
binary to the same directory however.

And hmm, yes, currently it is required to have the binary /strictly/
newer than the textual form. I guess that can be a problem.

Check:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-1.2-sieve/file/c6c879061b5d/src/lib-sieve/sieve-script.c

at line 360 for the source code.

> I'm running into the problem that during automatic installation of a global sieve-after script, my Makefile has a rule to compile, yet afterwards, the sieve plugin complains about not being able to compile (which is correct, but it shouldn't try in the first place). Both text and binary form have identical time stamps.
> I don't want to sleep between install and sievec.

Could you test whether the following change fixes your problem?
(alternatively you can substitute < with <= in the sources referenced
above):

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-1.2-sieve/rev/e0f0d4f2d186

Regards,

Stephan.