[Dovecot] Dovecot and SATA Backend

Joseba Torre joseba.torre at ehu.es
Fri Nov 20 15:38:09 EET 2009

El Viernes 20 Noviembre 2009 a las 13:05, alex handle escribió:
> to put it simply: local storage
>
> We use Dell R710 in pair, each with 6 15K SAS Disks and RAID 10 -
> iSCSI or NFS can hardly be faster

But "faster" is not always the way to measure things.

In this topic, I think that raw disk access speed is not a critical
value; I've tested our setup with maildir on NFS and performance is
close enough to local disks. Given this, I prefer the extra features
our NAS/SAN setup gives us, like having data replication between
phisically separated disks in a couple of clicks ,redundant paths to
data, easier management, ...

--
Joseba Torre. Vicegerencia de TICs, área de Explotación