[Dovecot] [OT] preferred clients

Jonathan jonathan at kc8onw.net
Fri Nov 20 19:59:48 EET 2009

I'm getting tired of Thunderbird telling me I have unread messages in
folders that haven't gotten new messages for months so I'm looking for a
new mail client.  I know the problem lies with Thunderbird because
everything is fine via RoundCube and if it tell Thunderbird to rebuild
it's index it shows the folder correctly again.  Except of course for a
subset of the messages in my inbox that it insists where delivered at
the exact time I re-indexed it, every time.

So what IMAP clients do people prefer these days?  Preferably windows or
cross platform and it needs to have decent key bindings because
(probably like many of you) I get 100s of emails a day via lists and
anything that speeds my way through them is good.

I run my own server (probably obvious being on this list) and can
install webmail clients as well.  I ran squirrelmail for a while but
although functional it's quite dated.  I'm using RoundCube for access
away from my systems now but it lacks keyboard shortcut support and
trying to click one email after another with a laptop touchpad gets
painful fast.

Thanks,
Jonathan