[Dovecot] mbox sync: UID inserted in the middle of mailbox

Ivan S whitebreville at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 21 03:11:11 EET 2009

Hi All,

Our webmail having an issue with the harddrive so I build new webmail on other machine (using Squirrelmail+dovecot+postfix). After copy all data/home folder from the backup, when this user want to access his Sent item, nothing's in it. I've checked the log and found the message as below.

mailserver dovecot: IMAP(xxxxx): mbox sync: UID inserted in the middle of mailbox /home/xxxx/mail/Sent (691 > 657, seq=473, idx_msgs=10950)
mailserver dovecot: IMAP(xxxxx): mbox sync: UID inserted in the middle of mailbox /home/xxxx/mail/Sent (691 > 657, seq=473, idx_msgs=10950)

This is only happen with the Sent items, since I also found other similar log and this user advised that everything is fine with that folder

mailserver dovecot: IMAP(xxxxx): mbox sync: UID inserted in the middle of mailbox /home/xxxxx/mail/Accountant Info (327 > 326, seq=306, idx_msgs=353)
mailserver dovecot: IMAP(xxxxx): mbox sync: UID inserted in the middle of mailbox /home/xxxxx/mail/Accountant Info (327 > 326, seq=306, idx_msgs=353)

I've rebuild the index file by delete the Sent item folder in .imap directory, no such luck.

Any help would be really appreciated

Thank you