[Dovecot] fts squat non-english search for 2 words

vuser1 at test123.ru vuser1 at test123.ru
Sun Nov 22 15:35:58 EET 2009

Timo, thank you for answer. Meanwhile I was trying to setup horde+dovecot+search. Next step was dovecot 1.2.4 + solr 1.4. It works! Now it can find 2 non-latin words.
1) I cannot search by substrings - neither "plane" nor "plane*" does find "planet"
2) Solr can use "plane*" to find "planet". So I think dovecot internally cuts or masks metasymbols.

I see on wiki that you have plans to implement IMAP extension for this. Have you ever considered idea to allow users to use "*" wildcards for solr backend? If dovecot already "break" imap search, why not to allow people to use "plane* Ear*" to find "planet Earth"?

----- Message from tss at iki.fi ---------