[Dovecot] [OT] preferred clients

vuser1 at test123.ru vuser1 at test123.ru
Sun Nov 22 19:19:23 EET 2009

Maildir just for FTS? Standard Windows Search component (available for free) handles PST files excellently. Outlook is best email client. Even 2003. The only missing thing is inability to do imap-search request directly to imap server. So, if the message is not yet downloaded to local PST, Outlook (and Windows Search) will not find it. That's why webmail+dovecot fts is good thing to have. This FTS issue _may_be_ the problem in environment where users have not primary workstation. And thanks to Jerry for pointing another issue - problem if user logs in another workstation without logging out from first.

I tried to migrate to another clients several times. In the long run Outlook is the best. Even for IMAP. It does not handle IMAP perfectly, but quite well. It works OK with dovecot-imapd. If you are on Windows and you have MSOffice, Outlook is the answer.

----- End message from lists at luigirosa.com -----