[Dovecot] [OT] preferred clients

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 22 22:45:59 EET 2009

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 14:25:09 -0500
Charles Marcus <CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com> replied:

> > If you are using a version <2007 then upgrading should be seriously
> > considered. The "ODF" format in the 2010 version is supposedly more
> > compliant than that used in OpenOffice.
>
> Rotflmao! You're not serious?? I think you are confusing the Microsoft
> OpenXML format with the PDF format. Microsoft's ODF support is pure
> CRAP

I have read at least two white papers that described Microsoft's support
for ODF in Office 2010. Both stated that Microsoft's support was more
compliant that that in Open Office. Apparently, OO has been playing
fast and loose with its implementation for awhile now.

As stated, that is in the still unreleased Office 2010. You can Google
around for further information. I don't have the URLs in front of me at
the moment.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

It takes both a weapon, and two people, to commit a murder.