[Dovecot] Sieve plugin: Filtering UTF-8 Emails

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Mon Nov 23 00:01:35 EET 2009

On 11/22/2009 09:33 PM micha at pocomail.de wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i hope it´s okay for questions about the sieve plugin here...

Yes, this is the right mailing list for such questions…

> my problem is, that the filters do not seem to match utf8-content
>
> for instance: the email:

> Subject:
> =?utf-8?Q?Erinnerung:=20Bitte=20f=C3=BChren=20Sie=20die=20Kaufabwicklung=20durch?=
>
> when i use the same subject (of course in utf-8) in my ".dovecot.sieve",
> the filter never matches ;-((
>
> does anyone have an idea howto make the sample here matching by sieve ???

Huh, where is your script? No script - no error checking. ;)

Which Dovecot version? Which Sieve version?

# file .dovecot.sieve
.dovecot.sieve: UTF-8 Unicode text

~/.dovecot.sieve:
require "fileinto";
if header :matches "subject" "Erinnerung: Bitte führen Sie die Kaufabw*" {
  fileinto "Trash";
  setflag "\\Seen";
}

Log: Info: sieve: msgid=<20091…ple.com>: stored mail into mailbox Trash'
The test message is attached.

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: defaced.0932622 at localdomain.org