[Dovecot] Vacation message with Sieve

Rene Bakkum rene.bakkum at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 14:19:00 EET 2009

Hello all,

I am trying to get my vacation messages to work correctly. In general it
works like how I want, and replies when a message is arived to for
example info at domain.com, but I have some problems to get my vacation
message to work on catch-all boxes. Is there an option to for example
auto-reply on every mail that is sendto @domain.com?

I am using Ubuntu 9.10 default packages, which are the following versions:

 dovecot -n
# 1.1.11: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.31-14-server x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10 ext4

mail_plugins = cmusieve

My example file of the vacation message I use is:

require ["vacation"];
vacation
 # Reply at most once a day to a same sender
 :days [vacationmessage_delay_days]
 :subject "Autorespond: [vacationmessage_subject]"
 # List of recipient addresses which are included in the auto replying.
 # If a mail's recipient is not on this list, no vacation reply is sent
for it.
 :addresses ["[username]@[domain]"]
"[vacationmessage_message]";

I tried changing [username]@[domain] into @[domain] or *@[domain], but
that is giving me errors.
Anyone has any pointers how to achieve this (if its possible at all)...

Regards,
Rene