[Dovecot] [OT] preferred clients

Mon Nov 23 17:21:56 EET 2009

On 11/22/2009, Jerry (gesbbb at yahoo.com) wrote:
> I have read at least two white papers that described Microsoft's support
> for ODF in Office 2010.

Wonder who authored them...

> Both stated that Microsoft's support was more compliant that that in
> Open Office.

I googled:

microsoft odf support 2010 better than openoffice?

and had lots of hits - all saying the exact opposite of what you claim.

> Apparently, OO has been playing fast and loose with its
> implementation for awhile now.

Ridiculous. The biggest issue has been with spreadsheets and the fact
that there was no formal documentation for handling formulas, but that
is remedied with v1.2 of the spec.

> As stated, that is in the still unreleased Office 2010. You can Google
> around for further information. I don't have the URLs in front of me at
> the moment.

I did - nothing whatsoever to support your [false] claim.

There is absolutely ZERO reason for Microsoft to have decent support for
ODF, and 100% reason for them to sabotage it.

But this is totally OT for doveoct now, so I won't reply further on list.