[Dovecot] shared mailboxes using namespaces in 1.2

Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth leo at strike.wu.ac.at
Mon Nov 23 22:39:30 EET 2009

On 11/23/2009 07:27 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 19:19 +0100, Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth wrote:
>> Nov 23 19:10:15 strike dovecot: IMAP(leo): Namespace: type=shared, prefix=Shared/spamrep/, sep=/, inbox=no, hidden=no, list=yes, subscriptions=no
>
> See if using type=public works better. type=shared namespace is kind of
> a special case used to access other users' mailboxes.

Yes, thanks! type=public works fine.

Another problem is that with dovecot 1.2, Thunderbird shows "Shared"
(the folder that contains all of my dynamically added namespaces) as a
real folder, not grey and italic as before.
When selecting it, the following message pops up:
"The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded:
[NONEXISTENT] Mailbox doesn't exist: Shared."

Before the dovecot update, Thunderbird didn't show Shared as a real
folder, it was greyed out and selecting it didn't cause an IMAP "SELECT"
command.

Looking at the imap traffic, thunderbird does a

16 list "" "%"

... and dovecot returns "Shared" without \Noselect:

* LIST (\HasChildren) "/" "Shared"

Is there a way to tell dovecot that this is only the base of my
namespaces and that it should include a \Noselect attribute?

Thanks,
--leo
--
e-mail   ::: Leo.Bergolth (at) wu.ac.at