[Dovecot] Vacation message with Sieve

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Nov 24 06:21:50 EET 2009

On Nov 23, 2009, at 11:10 PM, Patrick Nagel wrote:

>> Ah, but that's why I had the "keep" there! The reject message of
>> course could have been nicer and said how the guy is gone but this
>> address will be read for a bit longer but anyway stop sending mail
>> here.
>
> Oh... yeah. I never got past the "reject", I guess ;) That would
> probably be a good solution. Does 'reject' also refrain from sending
> mails to mailing lists,

No, but they get caught as bounces because they're sent from <> address and get dropped from the lists.

> auto-generated messages, etc., like 'vacation' does?

IIRC there are a couple of checks against that too. This is anyway basically the same as what happens when a user really gets deleted. I don't remember seeing any "user doesn't exist" bounces to mailing lists..