[Dovecot] Vacation message with Sieve

Tue Nov 24 13:27:44 EET 2009

On 11/23/2009, Patrick Nagel (patrick.nagel at star-group.net) wrote:
> Yes, that was my first proposal, but that was also rejected harshly by
> the other project managers. They wanted to have some "transit time" in
> which the replacement guy would still access the leaving guy's mailbox.
>
> They felt that just deactivating the mailbox and rejecting mails would
> be "rude".

I think you're way overcomplicating things...

What I would do is either:

1. Add an alias to the x-managers account that forwards all incoming
mail to his replacement, or

2. Add the x-managers account to your replacements email client, so they
can check it as well as theirs.

In either case you could also enable the vacation message notification
if you like, but once per day is plenty in this case since someone else
is (or should be) reading the mail).