[Dovecot] Dovecot Proxy and environment variables

BaQs serarien at baqs.net
Fri Nov 27 17:25:53 EET 2009

Dear list,

First of all, I am French so excuse my bad english.

I am
currently using dovecot proxy feature, using sql backend.

I "proxy" the
imap/pop requests to another server, let's say server2.

On server2, I use
a script to keep up to date a "pop before smtp auth" database.

I used
mail_executable = /path/to/this/script.sh ...

My problem is: the $IP
environment variable on server2 is the proxy's IP.

How could I give a
variable from proxy to server2, or simply get the real client public IP ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers

Pierre.

PS: let me also
thank very much dovecot developers and community !