[Dovecot] Dovecot Deliver CPU usage

Aravind Divakaran aravind.divakaran at yukthi.com
Sat Nov 28 10:21:39 EET 2009

Hi All,

We have upgraded the dovecot from 1.0 to 1.2.8. After
upgradation we have noticed that dovecot deliver process is utilizing a lot
of CPU. As a result the mailsystem will stop working. When we limit the no
of procs in postfix for dovecot deliver the CPU usage will come down. But
we are not facing this problem with the previous version. Below is the log
files for dovecot when the error occurs

write_full(/home/vmail/dhanbank.co.in/vinukumarvm/temp.server.be3e5a849a909847)
failed: No space left on device
dovecot: deliver(user at example.com):
stat(/tmp/Dovecot Delivery Mail) failed: No space left on device

But my
system has 54gb of free space for root filesystem where tmp residing. Can
anyone help me to solve this issue.

Rgds,
Aravind