[Dovecot] Lazyexpunge and Segmentation fault

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Nov 30 20:37:46 EET 2009

strace is almost useless for figuring out why program crashes. Could you get gdb backtrace? See http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html

> Another trouble I have is that now every time i select (with Thunderbird) a special folder (like "Sent", "Drafts") I receive this error:
>
> "The current command did not succeed. Tha mail server responded:Character not allowed in mailbox name: '.' "
>
> I've never configured namespace before, so I suspect a misconfiguration but I can't figure out.

Did you migrate to Dovecot from another server? Sounds anyway like TB is configured to have "INBOX." namespace prefix or something like that. Or possibly it's caching wrong hierarchy separator and you need to recreate the account in TB.