[Dovecot] deliver: Fatal: setgid(114) failed with euid=8, gid=8, egid=8: Operation not permitted

Thu Oct 1 16:17:37 EEST 2009

On 10/1/2009, Fredriksson Turbo (turbo at bayour.com) wrote:
> Fair enough. But I never saved the tail when the problem occured. I can
> now extract this again from the info log (getting everything between
> 11:06 to 11:08 which should be within the problem time...).

Just find the messageID and grep the logs for that, so you only have the
lines pertinent to that one transaction.

> Who should I send it to?

The list...

> It's 181 lines

If you grep for the messageID, it won't be. One of mine is about 6 lines...

> to 'privatize' and I'd prefere not to send a unprivatized file to the
> list...

6 lines should be simple enough to anonymize - although, I consider
security through obscurity to be essentially a waste of time and effort.
Of course, if you're logging passwords, those should *certainly* be
snipped...

--

Best regards,

Charles