[Dovecot] Password and special caracter

Patrick Domack patrickdk at patrickdk.com
Thu Oct 1 19:18:28 EEST 2009

Seems to all be working for me.

I tested using the password: test!@#$%^&*é

My first test was using postfix -> dovecot -> mysql
This was to verify if sending email via postfix would make it to
dovecot and though dovecot without getting messed up. Test passed.

My next test was to setup dovecot to authenicate against win2003
active directory.
This was just to test that from dovecot -> ad would work without
issues. This test also passed.

My LDAP config for dovecot:
hosts = ip_of_ad_server
auth_bind = yes