[Dovecot] Problem with LSUB and public namespace

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Oct 2 15:44:23 EEST 2009

Hi,

I'd like to know if the following is normal. I've a setup with 2
namespace (private/public) where each user can use subscriptions.

This problem is triggered by claws-mail, which uses LSUB to get
subscribed mailboxes:

* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.
. login user password
. namespace
* NAMESPACE (("INBOX." ".")) NIL (("public." "."))
. OK Namespace completed.
. subscribe public.Admin
. OK Subscribe completed.
. LSUB "" "%"
* LSUB () "." "INBOX"
. OK Lsub completed.

LSUB does not return "public" as namespace :-(

Is this a bug in dovecot, a bug in Claws mail, or a misconfiguration of my dovecot server?
I can provide more info if needed.

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou