[Dovecot] Delivery failure about update to 1.2.4 (Debian) (SOLVED)

William Witteman yam at nerd.cx
Tue Oct 6 14:44:50 EEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 02:53:55PM -0400, William Witteman wrote:
>Version:
>1.2.4
>
>Config:
># 1.2.4: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

I have found the problem.  I was not looking in the dovecot-deliver.log,
and so I was not alerted to the cause of the error.  By the way, I love
the links to the wiki in the error messages - when I first upgraded  and
the server didn't come up automatically, it was trivial with the wiki's
guidance to change to "ssl=yes".

>lda:
>  log_path: /home/vmail/dovecot-deliver.log

Here is my problem line - I noted in the changelog that this was being
phased out, but I wasn't seeing the error (because it was in the deliver
log) that showed me that it was this that was the problem.
>  mail_plugins: cmusieve

A quick comment and I was good to go.  Thanks to all.
--

yours,

William Witteman