[Dovecot] issues with ACL and Public Namespaces

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Oct 6 18:07:00 EEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 16:18 +0200, Anton Dollmaier wrote:
> When checking the Folder Subscriptions in RoundCube, Dovecot tries to
> find an ACL file for the public folders, but does not check the public
> folders, but in the private Maildir:
..
> > Oct  6 15:24:16 ipx02 dovecot: IMAP(user6 at example.com): acl vfile: file /var/mail/vmail/example.com/user6//Maildir/.shared.Transfer/dovecot-acl not found
> > Oct  6 15:24:16 ipx02 dovecot: IMAP(user6 at example.com): acl vfile: file /var/mail/vmail/example.com/user6//Maildir/.shared.Transfer.Test1/dovecot-acl not found
> > Oct  6 15:24:16 ipx02 dovecot: IMAP(user6 at example.com): Disconnected: Logged out bytes=73/819

Oh, right, that's because the subscriptions are in the private
namespace. Hmm. I'll try to get this fixed soon, but if you want to get
it working now you could use:

namespace public {
  prefix = shared.
  location = maildir:/var/mail/vmail/%d/shared:CONTROL=~/shared:INDEX=~/shared
  subscriptions = yes
}

Although there's also a bug related to that where LSUB "" % won't list
"shared" and that breaks some clients. That's fixed in v1.2.6.