[Dovecot] Debugging IMAP ACLs

Kerem Erciyes kerem.erciyes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 18:26:51 EEST 2009

Hi,

Well seems I have a problem. When I enable the imap_acl plugin dovecot will
not start.

Edlopen(/usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib02_imap_acl_plugin.so) failed:
/usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib02_imap_acl_plugin.so: Undefined symbol
"acl_mailbox_right_lookup"
FCouldn't load required plugins
Error: imap dump-capability process returned 89
Fatal: Invalid configuration in /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf

Do you think this is related to mbox instead of maildir setup that we have.
If so, I think I will start by converting to maildirs from mbox and then go
on testing the ACL and Shared Namespace setups.

Regards,
Kerem

--
Kerem Erciyes