[Dovecot] @2.0, --sysconfdir incorrectly populated with dovecot/*.conf

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 10 05:40:13 EEST 2009

On Oct 9, 2009, at 10:28 PM, PGNet Dev wrote:

> to document from #irc,
>
> in 1.2.x, specifying
>
>   ./configure ... --sysconfdir=/path/to/dir ...
>
> correctly results in dovecot.conf looked for as "/path/to/dir/
> dovecot.conf".
>
> in 2.0, dovecot incorrectly creates a dovecot dir in the sysconfdir,
> and looks for,
>
>  /path/to/dir/dovecot/dovecot.conf

This is intended, because there are now lots of config files by
default. Or should this be done somehow differently? Anyway the point
is that just doing "./configure" should still access /usr/local/etc/
dovecot/dovecot.conf.

> 2.0's behavior should be made consistent with the correct
> implementation in 1.2.x, or clarified as different in --help/docs.

I don't think it's possible to change --help's text. As for other
docs.. I'm not really sure how I should even start describing all the
v2.0 changes and where.. The v2.0's changed configuration is going to
break so many wiki pages..