[Dovecot] What exactly do you mean by archiving?

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Sat Oct 10 14:34:39 EEST 2009

I mean every single email sent and recieved is kept for a period of
time (3 -5 years) separate from users mail, and emails cant be
deleted.  Ideally emails would have compression, mailboxes need to be
searchable easily, and some mechanism whereby attachments sent to
multiple people only get saved once, and emails sent to multiple
people only get saved once.  I could do something with procmail that
copies every email coming in to another directory easily, but that
doesnt solve the sent email.  Ive looked at several commercial
products, but none seem to work nicely with sendmail.  Thanks for the
information, I'll look and see if sieve will work better for me than
procmail.  Im not sure thought that your method will pass the test
come litigation time (if that every happens).

thanks,

ddh

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator

-- Albert Einstein

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in times of moral
crisis, preserved their neutrality."
-- Dante