[Dovecot] Problem with mbox and quota with 1.2 version

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Sat Oct 10 20:04:15 EEST 2009

On 10/10/2009 06:43 PM Ντελάκης Δημήτριος wrote:
> Hello list,
>

> I am new with dovecot and i am trying to setup a simple mbox with quotas
> setup.  Here is my configuration.
>
> dovecot -c /etc/dovecot.conf -n
> # 1.2.6: /etc/dovecot.conf
> # OS: Linux 2.6.21 i686 Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) ext3
>> mail_plugins(default): quota imap_quota
> mail_plugins(imap): quota imap_quota
> mail_plugins(pop3): quota
>> lda:
>   postmaster_address: postmaster at example.com
>> plugin:
>   quota_warning: storage=5%% /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh 95
>   quota: dirsize:user
>   quota_rule: ?:storage=10M
>
> I still my mbox fills with e-mail  >10M
>
> Do i missing something?

The only thing I can see at the moment is the missing quota plugin in
the lda section:

,--[ http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/#Enabling_quota_plugins ]--
| # In case you're using deliver:
| protocol lda {
|   mail_plugins = quota
| }
`--

When you are not using deliver for storing mails in the inbox, there is
no way to update the quota values at mail delivery time (AFAIK).

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: fabaceae.0928318 at localdomain.org