[Dovecot] Panic: file sieve-cmu.c: line 262 (part_save): assertion failed: (buf->used - 1 == part->body_size.physical_size)

Raffael Schmid raffael at yux.ch
Tue Oct 13 11:40:28 EEST 2009

Hi Thomas

Thomas Leuxner wrote:
> you can not run into the same problem as the Dovecot 1.2 series has a
> new Sieve implementation rewritten by Stephan Bosch. If there ought to
> be a similar problem it is most likely fixed in a later release (1.2.6
> is current).

Thank you for your answer but my mail.log shows something different:

Sep 19 18:52:01 vmail2 dovecot: deliver(mailaddress at example.org): Panic:
file ext-body-common.c: line 149 (ext_body_part_save): assertion failed:
(buf->used - 1 == part->body_size.physical_size)

For me this really looks like the same bug or at least bug-"race", even
if its not in the same file ("line 262 (part_save):"). Maybe some code
was taken over into the new implementation?

Regards
 raf