[Dovecot] docs for anvil?

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev+dovecot at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 21:00:07 EEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 10:27 -0700, PGNet Dev wrote:
>> are there any docs for anvil config & usage in 2.0?
>
> I wasn't really planning on writing any docs for it. If you need to talk
> to it, the source code will tell you the protocol. :) There's nothing to
> configure in it beyond the normal service {} settings.

How about just what it does?

Is it postfix's anvil (http://linux.die.net/man/8/anvil)?

If it _is_, there are certainly a number of configuration parameters
available ... the "process_limit" in master.conf NOT being one of
them.

Is it _only_ for use with postfix?  If we don't use postfix,
can/should we disable it?