[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.2.6 segfault in imap_fetch_begin

Brandon Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Thu Oct 15 23:06:59 EEST 2009

Hi Timo,

Yes, we've got a pool of servers with Maildir on NFS with quotas
enabled. Occasionally the users will run out of space and the indexes
will get corrupted or out of sync. Our Helpdesk staff will increase
their quota or help them delete things, and  Dovecot logs a stream of "
Expunged message reappeared" and "Duplicate file entry" messages as it
straightens things out. This is a fairly common occurrence given the
size of our user base, so I'm assuming this is the root cause... but
this is the first time I've seen Dovecot crash as a result.

-Brad