[Dovecot] migrate courier to dovecot script - questions about directory structure

Fri Oct 16 11:10:51 EEST 2009

On 10/15/2009 Ross wrote:
> My initial plan was to copy the entire /home/vmail/<domain.com.au>/*
> across to the dovecot server and run the migration script. However,
> without the Maildir directory in the structure it won't work.
>
> Has anyone run into this issue ?
> How did you solve it  ?

> fatboy:/tmp# dovecot -n
> # 1.0.15: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

First, I'd recommend going ahead and upgrading to 1.2, but thats up to
you...

> mail_location: maildir:/var/vmail/%Ld/%Ln/Maildir

Couldn't you fix it by simply removing the trailing /Maildir from the
mail_location? So, just:

mail_location: maildir:/var/vmail/%Ld/%Ln