[Dovecot] Dovecot deliver with AD LDAP userdb

Mark Schaub mark.schaub at sau24.org
Fri Oct 16 21:18:07 EEST 2009

I have tried the user_filter you suggested, it did not change
anything. I played around with some Active Directory permissions today
and set it up so that I could perform anonymous queries and verified
that they were successful with ldapsearch on the command line. This
still didn't seem to help the problem.

As far as I can tell userdb ldap queries are run using the user
specified in dn with the password specified in dnpass. I know those
fields are correct as userdb has no problem querying users by
sAMAccountName or mail attributes. I also know that the user_filter
string works as I can run an ldapsearch using dn, dnpass, and
user_filter and that returns the correct information. For some reason
when the deliver process does this nothing is returned.

As I mentioned in the initial post, some fields work and others do
not. If I change the filter to look for sn=%n and try to deliver to my
last name then it delivers fine. If I set the filter to title=%n and
try to deliver to my title then I get the same problem as with
otherMailbox.

Is there schema information dovecot is using that defines certain
userdb attributes it can and can't use?