[Dovecot] v2.0.alpha2 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 23 06:46:54 EEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 05:30 +0200, Pascal Volk wrote:
> I had also the idea, that the verbose_proctitle could display additional
> the currently executed command.
> BUT, is there still a need for verbose_proctitle support? (It currently
> doesn't work on Linux.)

I'm trying to get setproctitle() syscall added to Linux, and in the mean
time it could use the ugly hackish way that OpenSSH and sendmail also
uses.

> I think it could be replaced by the new doveadm who command.

Hmm. Perhaps. But that would need some way for doveadm to figure out
what each process is doing. And that could be annoying to do.. Basically
two possibilities:

a) doveadm connects to each process and asks what they're doing (and how
would it connect?..)

b) each process is talking to some state gathering process and telling
all the time what they're doing (waste of cpu/etc)