[Dovecot] Public Folder Quotas

Anton Dollmaier antondollmaier at aditsystems.de
Wed Oct 28 01:20:37 EET 2009

Hi folks,

> I suppose you mean something like:
>
> namespace public {
>   prefix = Public/
>   ..
> }
>
> quota = ..
> quota2 = maildir:Public quota:ns=Public/

We have this running in exactly that way.

> This creates a separate shared quota for all mailboxes in Public/
> namespace. I've no idea if it really works, but the code is there. Let
> me know if it doesn't. :)

it does work :)

At least, with my tests at the beginning: public quota of 1kb, now a
move of a local mail to the shared namespace fails, RoundCube and
Thunderbird show the correct message. Customers didn't complain after
the dovecot 1.2.6-upgrade, so I assume it's still working.

And, even more: ThunderBird (also with raw IMAP) show the shared quota
as being different than the local quota.

best regards,

Anton